You may consider specialized in-house programs to address the following needs:
- Pre-election workshops: Training for potential candidates for public office,
exploring the myths and realities about serving in public office, so they can make an
informed decision on whether or not to submit their nomination papers.
- Post-election workshops: Training for newly elected officials, to set the stage
for a positive and well focused term of office. Topics include meetings, rules of order
and effective decision making, to help everyone become aware of positive habits that should
be embraced and potentially damaging habits that should be avoided.
- Mid-Term Board review/evaluations: Working with a Board/Council and administrative
staff, to evaluate the decision making body, the Chair, individual members, meetings,
the relationship with the administration, and the relationship with the community.
- Problem Solving sessions: Working with a Board/Council and/or Staff team which is
facing internal difficulties, to facilitate honest and direct discussions about "the elephant in the room",
identify the root causes of difficulties, and develop potential solutions.
- Parliamentary Training for Staff Advisors: Working with professional advisors to Boards/Councils
(Corporate Secretaries, Municipal Clerks, Secretary/Treasurers, etc.), to help them provide correct advice
despite adverse or hostile conditions. Areas include parliamentary procedure (rules of order) and effective
Below are two sample outlines to consider. Please contact us to design your own customized in-house sessions for elected
members and administrative staff.